Participate in Disability Partnership TV (DPTV)!
Upcoming episodes of DPTV will illuminate various disability-related topics in the US and Russia. If you would like to take part in this international project and help shine light on an important social topic, come join the team of Russian and American anchors and reporters!
To become a part of DPTV, simply send us your video on one of the four topics below by October 31, 2018 to be considered for a full range of episodes!
Topic # 1: Athletes with Disabilities.
Sports have long been an arena where people of diverse backgrounds have been able to come together and realize each other’s fellow humanity, and this is especially true about people with disabilities. Tell us about people with disabilities, preferably from your community, who lead active lifestyles and participate in sporting events.
Videos on this topic will be featured in our second episode this season, entitled “A Sporting Chance.”
Topic # 2: Artists with Disabilities.
Art as a media has always been used to depict personal experiences of life, from the realistic to the surreal. This art ranges from dance to literature to the traditional canvas and clay. Tell us of people with disabilities using any of these forms of artistic expression (and any type of art not listed) and how it shows their own perspective on life!
Videos on this topic will be featured in our third episode this season, entitled “Expressing Myself Through Art.”
Topic # 3: Volunteers Working with People with Disabilities.
Volunteers are selfless people who devote their time to helping others without expectation of reward. It is time to grant these people the recognition they deserve and convey their stories and how they help people with disabilities. Is there anyone in your community who spends their time helping people with disabilities? Regardless of how they help, whether it is assisting these people in their daily lives, spending time with them, or cooking for them, let’s put their stories on screen!
Videos on this topic will be featured in our fourth episode this season, entitled “Time Well Spent.”
Topic # 4: A Day in Life: People Living with Disabilities.
Many able-bodied people assume that people with disabilities live less-than-full lives. Do you know of someone with a disability in your community? Record their day-to-day lives, what they do, how they have fun, how they lead complete and fulfilling lives and send us these stories. Let’s show a person with disability living life!
Videos on this topic will be featured in our fifth and final episode this season, entitled “A Day in My Life.”
Instructions for Submitting Videos
Step 1. Upload your video to YouTube. In the video’s settings, ensure that the video is set to “Unlisted,” then create a link to the video and paste it into the submission form available below. More information about uploading to YouTube can be found here.
Step 2. Fill out this online submission form.
We will make an effort to share all submitted videos with our international audience!
Every Featured Video Will Receive a Certificate of Appreciation from Student Television Network and Eurasia Foundation.
Rules for Submitting Videos to DPTV Season 2
1. US teams consisting of students grades 9-12 and Russian teams consisting of students grades 8-11 that are affiliated with a school or private television studio may submit their original videos.
2. Your video must address one of the four topics listed above.
3. Preference will be given to videos that do not exceed 90 seconds.
4. All videos must follow the outlined creative content and copyright guidelines.
5. All videos submitted to DPTV must contain the following spoken sign-off or closing: Reporting for DPTV in “your town name”, I'm “your name.”
6. Videos should not contain any spoken sign-offs or intros that refer to your school or studio.
7. Every team must be prepared to submit a transcript of the video to Eurasia Foundation (EF).
8. By submitting videos, you give EF permission to use your content for promotional matters.
9. There is no limit to the number of episodes that a team can participate in. However, a team may only submit one video per episode. We will not feature multiple videos from the same team in one episode.
10. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to send your videos before October 31, 2018 to be considered for a full range of episodes!
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while filling out forms, please contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your videos!