Participate in the US-Russia Youth TV Bridge
Future episodes of the US-Russia Youth TV Bridge touch on a variety of socially-oriented themes and will include footage from high school students in the US and Russia. Everyone has the opportunity to join the international team behind this project!
If you are interested in broadcast journalism and would like to share your work with students in the US and Russia, make sure to send us your video materials. The best, most interesting, and most topical submissions will be shown in full during YTVB episodes. While we cannot incorporate every submission into an episode due to time constraints, we will make an effort to share all of your stories.
We look forward to your submissions on the following topics:
· Environmental Stewardship:
Tell us about young people in the US and Russia who are taking charge of protecting the environment. From cleaning up local habitats, picking trash, recycling and sustainably re-using materials, to protecting and supporting animals, we want to hear about a generation that cares about the environment!
· Special Episode: Charitable deeds during the holidays
Volunteering and donating have become a tradition in the US and Russia during the holiday season. Send us footage about people who are supporting each other and those in need during the most wonderful time of the year.
Do you know people who volunteer their time to feed the hungry? Do you have friends who donate things from their household to those in need? Do you know any emergency responders or people who are helping those affected by natural disasters? Sends us the stories of these charitable, supportive, and heroic people.
· Using technology to improve society
Are there any particularly innovative methods to improving society that you would like to share? Send us footage about young people using technology in creative ways to overcome common challenges and make life better in their communities.
Rules for submitting footage to YTVB Season 2
1. US and Russian teams consisting of 9th- and 12th-graders that are affiliated with a school or private television studio may submit footage.
2. Whatever footage you submit must follow the creative content and copyright guidelines outlined here.
3. Every team must be prepared to submit a transcript of the video to SEE.
4. By submitting footage, you give SEE permission to your video for SEE-related matters.
5. There is no limit to the number of episodes that a team can participate in. However, a team may only submit one video per episode. We will not accept multiple videos for one episode.
6. Video submissions may not be longer than 3 minutes.
7. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to send your materials before December 15, 2017 in order to be considered for the full range of episodes. Please note that if you are submitting footage for the special episode “charitable deeds during the holidays,” please submit by December 25, 2017 to be considered.
Instructions for submitting videos:
Step 1. Upload your video to YouTube. In the video’s settings, ensure that the video is “unlisted,” then create a link to the video and paste it into the application form available below. More information about uploading to YouTube can be found here.
Step 2. Fill out the application form available here.
We look forward to receiving your video submissions!
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while filling out the forms, please get in touch at email@example.com
You can watch the entire first season of YTVB here!