JOINTLY PRODUCE A SEASON (FALL 2019 – SPRING 2020) OF SHORT BROADCASTS AS PART OF YOUTH TV BRIDGE WITH RUSSIAN STUDENTS AND GET AN ALL-EXPENSES PAID TRIP TO RUSSIA FOR YOUR TEAM!
Enter the US-Russia Social Expertise Exchange's (SEE) Annual 30-second Video Contest for a chance to participate in the SEE Youth Media Exchange and lead the new season of Youth TV Bridge! The SEE Youth Media Exchange is an international platform for increasing cooperation between competitively-selected US and Russian youth through collaborative video production. These high school students come together to jointly produce and host short video broadcasts on a range of social issues relevant to both countries.
Submit your 30-second video for a chance to lead the next season of Youth TV Bridge and travel to Russia to participate in community engagement activities with Russian peers!
STEP 1: CHECK FOR ELIGIBILITY AND REVIEW CONTEST RULES
- The SEE 30-second Video Contest is open to high school video production teams. Teams must be composed of one teacher and four students grades 9 through 11. High school seniors are not eligible to apply.
- All team members involved in the video production, including the teacher, must be the applicants listed in the contest entry form and must be available to travel to Russia for the period of up to 8 days between October and November 2019. No substitution of team members after the submission will be permitted.
- All team members must hold valid passports at the time of travel.
- The video’s total runtime must be no longer than 30 seconds. We reserve the right to disqualify submissions exceeding 30 seconds at our own discretion.
- All competition entries must abide by the STN Creative Content Policy and the STN Use of Copyrighted Materials. Please make sure that all material and ideas are your own original work.
- By entering this competition, your team grants SEE permission to use your video for program promotion purposes.
- Submitting teams must be from schools that are (or are willing to become) STN members.
- Entries must be submitted by May 1, 2019 11:59 PM EST. Late submissions will not be considered.
Teams may submit more than one entry. Failure to meet any of the above guidelines may result in disqualification.
STEP 2: CREATE YOUR VIDEO
Teams must create a video on the topic of “Common Social Issues in Russia and the US,” showing how US and Russian youth can work together to address one or several common social challenges in both countries and positively contribute to their local communities.
- Express why you are interested in collaborating with Russian peers and why addressing your issue(s) of choice is important.
- Briefly explain how your team would benefit from working with Russian students and what your team would bring to the table if selected as new anchors of Youth TV Bridge.
- Use simple Russian phrases, cultural references, or humor/emotion!
STEP 3: SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO ONLINE
- Upload your video to a YouTube account. Set the video to “Unlisted” and generate a link to the video to include in your official online contest entry form. Visit this page for additional YouTube upload instructions.
- Fill out and submit the mandatory online SEE 30-second Video Contest entry form available here: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=eurasia. New users will need to create an account in order to apply.
JUDGING AND EVALUATION
The judges will be looking for videos that make a strong connection to the topic, capture and keep the viewer’s attention, and showcase your team’s ability to lead the next season of Youth TV Bridge. Contest entries will be evaluated against the criteria presented below.
· Camera Presence/Talent
· Entertainment Value/Emotion
· Closeness to Topic
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on May 1, 2019. Any submissions turned in after the deadline and/or without the completed form will not be considered. The winning team will be revealed in late May 2019 depending on the volume of submissions received.